Friday, March 21, 2008

Here comes the new blood!

People said February would be the worst, and it was. Even my CCU attending told me he remembers February of his intern year being a lowpoint in his life. Now that it's March, my spirits are magically improved. Is it because I was in the CCU in February pulling those fun 30-hour shifts? Is it because I am on my first vacation in eight months? Is it because spring is finally in sight? Or is it because yesterday was Match Day?

It seems that my Match Day was a lifetime ago, but alas, it was only last year! What a strange day! People were laughing and crying, but regardless of elation or misery, everyone wanted to drink as much alcohol as they could until their bodies said, "No more!" That's because they have spent the last nine months, the four years, or their entire lives waiting to find out what that envelope said.

What it means for me as an intern this year is that my replacements are on their way! They will shortly be signing contracts for the wild ride of intern year, and I will be moving on. Yes, the end of intern year is in sight! I know this means that I will be a resident in a few short months. It's a scary thought that I will try not to dwell on while soaking in the Caribbean sun.

1 comment:

JC said...

I am glad that I stopped back at your blog. Congrats on almost being done with intern year! Yes the replacements- what an excellent feeling. Enjoy your trip, you've deserved it!