Saturday, May 19, 2007

Graduation eve!


I'm back from vacation! It's too bad I brought the rainy weather of Ireland back with me!

I picked up my graduation regalia, and the whole outfit borders on ridiculous. The sleeves are enormous; Anne of Green Gables would love the sleeves. At least all the other graduates will be wearing the same thing. We'll look like a bunch of Venetians due to our funny hats/tams.

It's dawning on me now how emotional graduation will be for me. Graduating from high school and college were proud days for me, but I've basically been thinking about being a doctor since I could walk. I can't believe it's actually happening. Since I regularly cry at movies made for preteens, I'm definitely going to cry during tomorrow's ceremony. In addition, most of my classmates are leaving town right away. It's time for them to start their new lives in new cities. While many say I'm lucky not to spend the next few weeks driving cross-country with all my belongings, there is a sense of being left behind. However, a new adventure awaits me, too, just around the bend. It's all happening so fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you in your cool graduation outfit! The best thing about staying here the next few years is...duh! You get to hang out with yours truly ;)

Joe Wright said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until our own date... sadly delayed much beyond yours! j