Thursday, January 24, 2008

Health Care in an Election Year

Our health care system is broken. I see examples of it everyday. People who can't afford their medications in the emergency room, hospital wards, or ICU due to poor control of their chronic medical problems. I am going into primary care praying that there will be meaningful change in the system that will allow me to take better care for my patients, but how does that translate into who to vote for? Well, I've been pouring over this site comparing the candidates' plans today. There are flaws in each of these plans as I really do believe in a single payer system, but they are all a step in the right direction. The devil will be in the details of how these plans are implemented. I'm still struggling with which candidate understands the deficiencies of the current system the best. I want my candidate to know which of the many parts of their plans to push for and which will have to be sacrificed as the plans are made into law.

I'm excited that I will be able to make it to the voting booth for my state's primary on Super Tuesday. I'll be post-call from the CCU and will go directly from the hospital to my polling station. I just don't know yet who to vote for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good effort to improve health care . Health care in election is also a new and exciting topic in itself.

Unknown said...

Wow!its nice thinking for improving the health. Health care in election will also provide the services and facilities among people which related to health

care.