Monday, January 21, 2008

Is the silence deafening?

So, it's been a long time since I've posted. I've started a bunch of entries, but in the end, I justified my long pause between posts by saying that the silence was saying a lot.

The greatest skill of an intern is the ability to prioritize. There's always lots to do each day. After rounding each morning, I think, "Should I write my notes? Go to morning report? Call my consults? Put in orders? Teach my medical students?" The ranking of priorities extends beyond the walls of the hospital, too. A few weeks ago, my car ran out of gas. That's never happened to me before, but time is limited. On my list of priorities, filling my car with gas was probably lower than it should have been. However, getting home to spend time with my husband is pretty high, and the gas would have been helpful in getting that task accomplished. I'm still learning how to prioritize, but on the list of priorities, this blog is somewhere below filling my car with gas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helol eevryone, thanx a lot for this blog ....... This was what I was looking for.