Friday, March 16, 2007

hello world (and Paul Levy!)

i've been thinking about starting a blog about my upcoming residency training for a while, and it occurred to me this week that match day was a good time to start. i figured i would fumble around with the format and find my voice after a while. however, i didn't expect paul levy, the ceo of beth israel deaconess medical center and one of my favorite bloggers, to be reading my posts during my first week!

then again, this is why i started this blog. i've had blogs in the past to keep in touch with my friends and share my kitchen experiments and love of celebrity gossip. when it came to medical issues, i was standing on the sidelines reading other people's blogs. however, the more time i spend training to be a doctor, the more i feel that i have something to say and something to contribute to the ongoing dialogue about healthcare in this country. i'm not sure what it is yet, but i'll figure it out along the way.

so, welcome everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and check today's posting "New Links" for more . . .